Monday, March 19, 2012

Buddy Rush: Unable To Start

I am unable to start Buddy Rush. I get stuck with a village view each time as in the screenshot below.
Game stuck at start.
The last time it worked, I took Skully out for a Raid. She was on the airship, so I took her down to the village where the raid guy was (was his name Dexter?). Since the raid took all five of Skully's stamina, I left her in the village and closed the game.

The next time I tried to load the game, I had the village view as in the screenshot above.

A possible prevention method for now is not to close the game with a character still in the village if the airship is available - move him/her to the airship first. I am not sure if this is true - I am still gathering data.

Needless to say, until this is fixed, I am unable to gather more info for Buddy Rush to put on the blog.

Update 19 March 2012:
Looks like I can still post about Buddy Rush while the bug is still there. Specifically, I can post about the bug.

The first reported bug was on Friday. I played the game fine then and closed the game fine. Same on Saturday and Sunday. On each day, Friday and Saturday, I did a Raid and then went up to the airship and did some missions. On Sunday, the last time before the bug struck, I did a Raid and stayed in the village.

However, people had the bug even if they do not have access to the airship. So the prevention method mentioned above likely will not work. I need more clues to track down the cause.

Update 29 March 2012:
Finally able to play Buddy Rush. Going to be a while before I get back into the habit again.

Update 29 March 2012:
And it stopped working for me again. It worked earlier because a new version of Buddy Rush was uploaded - I had the Prologue and then I had to set the Damage Meter again.

The similarity between this incident and the previous when it failed is that I tried playing at 8 PM (GMT+8). Does this mean I should avoid playing at this time?

Update 30 March 2012:
It may have something to do with the Daily Visitation Bonus. Both times the game got stuck, I had played the game for the second time that day, when I would not get a Daily Visitation Bonus. So maybe I should play only once a day.

Update 31 March 2012:
I installed Safari and got Buddy Rush to run. Unfortunately, Safari consumes lots of resources and performance is not as good as I hoped.

The start up bug I had was with Firefox. After the black screen with Sollmo, I get that village sideview instead of the loading screen with all the characters on it.

And now it is suddenly working on Firefox again!

Maybe the solution is to load up Buddy Rush on a separate browser and change the arrangement of characters (they are arranged by level and XP). Or the solution may even be as simple as chossing a different character.

In both the situations when I got stuck while starting the game, in the previous session, I had simply loaded the game, claimed my Daily Visitation Bonus and then closed the game without choosing a different character or gaining any XP.

Buddy Rush: Contents

(T.T missed out on the daily rewards, especially the chips...)

No comments:

Post a Comment