Monday, March 12, 2012

Sword Quest

I have been playing Sword Quest Beta by Doremi Star on Facebook (seriously, do you need a link for that!?) for a while now. Like many similar Facebook games, I put something on production and hours later, I collect the result. What makes this game interesting is that the result of the production is random.
My Workshop.
I could work with a specific ore but, depending on the production process and a lot of luck, the result could be an ordinary sword or an awesome blade with an epic name. Various bonuses and the quality of my hammer affect the Quality of my work. The higher the Quality, the higher the chance of getting a good sword.

In addition to that, I have to monitor the temperature of the sword during the crafting. If it is too hot or too cold, it will affect the final result badly.

There are a lot of rules but the game comes with a detailed help system that explains everything.

At the end of the process, there will be a sword sitting on the worktable, covered by the cloth. This is the fun part: uncovering the cloth to finally see what I get.
My regular customer.
There are quests in the game. Most, if not all, of them are to fulfill a specific order for sword(s). There is this hero that keeps visiting and telling a little about his adventures whenever he comes to order a sword or more.

The game is playable without friends. However, it is more fun with friends. I can go to my friend's and help him/her forge his/her sword and vice versa. Hammering a sword does increase the temperature, though, and having too many friends hammer a sword can cause it to overheat. This is one game that, in a weird way, makes it bad to have too many friends.

Sword Quest is a quick game playable for a few minutes every few hours or once a day. It is still in beta and the developers are still adding features. The graphics are cute and nice but what I really like is the game logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment