Friday, September 7, 2012

Buddy Rush: Corrupt Botherella (1.7.0)

Upon completion of the Class Advancement Mission introduced in the Eighth Wave, Botherella advances to a new class, Corrupt Botherella.
Corrupt Botherella
The new class unlocks weapon accessories. At the time of writing, there is only one available, Mask of the Angry Bull, which is given after Class Advancement.
Mask of the Angry Bull
Wolfgang gets a new look:
Not the big girl in front, he's the little one at the back.
Botherella gets an Ultimate Skill: Ghost Storm.
Ghost Storm
Like the description says, corrupt spirits, which look like skulls and bones, surround Botherella to do damage to baddies. Although I am missing the 'great damage' part.
Ghost Storm in action.
For comparison, the Thorn Bush skill is shown in the next screenshot. Note that the four-digit damage is the direct damage of the Thorn Bush. The smaller three-digit damage is additional poison damage from Thorn Bush while the larger three-digit damage is from Botherella's regular attack. Also note that baddies are Cursed in both screenshots.
Thorn Bush in action.
Maybe Ghost Storm's lower damage is because I have yet to invest lots of skill points into it. Hopefully, it will be a lot more useful at level 25.

Details of Botherella's other skills can be found in her skill guide.

Update 12 September 2012:
The 8.1 hotfix increased the effectiveness of Ghost Storm.
Ghost Storm (1.7.1)
With this improvement, I expect Ghost Storm at a high level to be very useful for damaging large groups of baddies. At least it will last longer than Thorn Bush.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Apple, it's me again!:)

    Just curious: to what extent does Att affect the skills of Botherella? I followed your previous advise and reset my skill to maximize curse, and am now more of a skill spammer. I currently have Genzir's tooth to fuel my MP needs, but to tell you honestly, in my attempts to "three-man" SD-91 in one go, i consume 4 golden pots during the duration of the fight (my skill cooltime is currently -21sec). Perhaps you can help me in my dilemma, I'm currently choosing between these two equipment sets:

    Stats Option 1 Option 2
    Attack +867 +561
    SkillPow +283.5% +337.5%
    SkillCT -18.7sec -21sec
    MPRegen +26% +39%
    HPRegen +0% +21%
    HitSpeed +10% +0%
    Crit +12% +0%

    So strictly between these two, which do you think is better for a skill-spamming botherella?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Botherella's Att does affect her Thorn Bush. I'm not sure if it'll also increase Wolfgang's Att. It doesn't do anything for Curse.

      Option 1 is better for a Botherella that depends on regular attack. With the increased attack speed after the mini-wave, it is worth using, especially when backed with Stun. Her passive Curse ability does not seem to do anything other than add a Curse symbol - SD-91 still has its high Def when affected by her passive Curse.

      Option 2 is good if you like to use Thorn Bush. SkillPow only affects Thorn Bush. Oh, and Ghost Storm. Forgot about that. Att should also increase Ghost Storm's damage.

      You'll have to try out both Options to see if Thorn Bush really does more damage with Option 2, though. For me, I prefer to have my Curse CoolTime 2 seconds longer than Skully's Spiral Shots CoolTime.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. To sum it up, Att affects: thorn bush (damage of the poison am i right?), ghost storm, and possibly wolfgang's bite. While SP only affects thorn bush and ghost storm, and that neither Att or SP have any effect on curse. Did I read it right?

    Actually stun isn't too hot for me right now, given that the top two bosses are immune to it. I guess the question here really is which of the two dishes out the most damage against raid bosses.

    So it's a toss between: +303 Atk on the one hand, and 54% SP, -2.3sec SkCt, and +13% MPRegen on the other hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's correct.

      The best way to decide is still to try out both options and see which one does better.

      Delete
  3. Hi Apple! It's me again.:) Would just like to ask you something. I saw Aikilu's purple set (New Recipe + Cutting Board), Vampino's purple set (Black Leather Jacket + Army Boots), Vivich's purple set (Fragrance + Golden Fan), Choppin's purple set (Hairspray + Gold Hairtie), etc..

    Would you happen to know what Botherella's other purple item is other than the Wedding Dress? Or does she even have one?:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should have a purple set too. I only know of Botherella's Wedding Dress. The level 97 purple is harder to get since it drops in earlier chapters or easier raids.

      Delete
    2. I was told it was a wedding veil, which drops at the second to the last mission.:)

      Delete
    3. sorry Apple, my bad, I mean 13-5.

      Delete