Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

I have been playing Ragnarok Odyssey ACE on the PS3.

It is enjoyable to observe and learn the moves and tactics, weaknesses and vulnerabilities of the opposing boss and then to develop and practice tactics and maneuvers to defeat that boss. It is very satisfying to successfully pull off a counter to a boss' attack.

An example of a satisfying counter is, at just the moment Bronzed Grendel finishes his spin attack, I bring my Mage into position to charge and fire a pair of Fire Bolts into his weak point. Move too early or too close and my Mage gets smacked by Bronzed Grendel. Move too far and Bronzed Grendel is out of range of my Fire Bolts. Move too late and Bronzed Grendel will get up, moving his weak spot to somewhere less predictable.

Now, if only I can develop that trick into firing a pair of Scorpion Thunders instead of Fire Bolts. That would be an awesome feel.

(Note: The double-Scorpion-Thunder move has a very long charge time and short range and thus, more difficult to use against an opponent that would only sit still for a moment.)

Update 18 September 2014:
The double-Scorpion-Thunder's charge time is so long that I would have to start charging right when Bronzed Grendel starts his attack. That leaves almost no time for my Mage to get into position. Fortunately, I found a Loli Ruri card that has Moonbeam Contract, which lowers the double-Scorpion-Thunder's charge time to negligible. Fighting Bronzed Grendel is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment