Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thea: The Awakening, Zorya 1, Part 3

My Dwarf Smith had a total Craft of 21 with bonuses from the village Smithy (2) and Craft Tools (5). His skill was high enough to eliminate any chance of producing a Bad Quality item. With lots of resources in the village, the Dwarf Smith was going to be busy for some time crafting.
The Dwarf Smith had 21 Craft.
I started construction on a Totem made entirely of Dryad wood. This would give my village the Magic it needed. In addition, if a Child grew, I could select the Witch class and get someone with Magic (though only a little).
Building a Totem of Dryad wood.
'I' found an old oil lamp. Cleaning it released something sinister. Since I abhorred the sacrifice of a Child, I did battle with the evil spirits. The reward was an Amber Runestone of Bad Quality and Bless of Will.
An old oil lamp was found.
There was a wedding in the village. The marriage ritual was different from the one I had in Lada's game. It appeared that each deity had his or her own ritual. Incidentally, the marriage couple were the two people who wrestled with the Orcs before.
Two villagers decided to get married.
My main expedition made it to the first site of the Cosmic Tree Quest. It was also the last location to explore in the game world.
The game world was fully explored.
I started crafting my first Dragon's Bane to prepare for more powerful baddies. Since I was going to use some rare materials, I selected Coal as the Catalyst to increase the chance of getting a Good Quality item.
Crafting the Dragon's Bane.
I had found the Goblin Village and completed the goblins' request. As such, I was allowed to trade with the village.
The Goblin Village was open for trade.
I went with my favorite trade of armor for rare resources. Exchanging the junk equipment I had with the Armour attribute, I received Dragon leather, Enchanted bones and Dragon bones.
The Dragon leather, Enchanted bones and Dragon bones obtained from trade.
The Goblin Village was a short distance from my village so I could easily conduct more trade later. However, it was tedious to remove equipment that I would like to keep and then reequip them later. I would drop those equipment nearby then return to collect them after the trade. At that time, I would have to remember to whom each piece of equipment belonged to.
The Goblin Village was a short distance from my village.
My village had been attracting humans. One Craftswoman who was attracted looked odd since she had an image of a musician playing a harp. It appeared that music was considered a craft.
The Craftswoman looked like a musician.
Yet another Child fell ill. This time, I had a Totem up and running. The Totem gave me enough Magic to select a Hex Challenge. Winning the Challenge gave me a Child Wraith.
A Child turned into a Child Wraith.
I finally had someone with Magic. However, I later realized that 4 of the Child Wraith's Magic came from the Totem and it lost the bonus when it left the village. The Child Wraith also had high Leech and Poison.
The Child Wraith had Magic, Leech and Poison.
With the Child Wraith, I had enough Magic to finally complete the Quest I call the Elf and Orc Love Story. As a result, a villager gained a little more Magic and a few others gained Intelligence and Folklore.
There is a spelling mistake in this screenshot.
I had already started the Cosmic Tree Main Quest. The Quest proceeded without any difficulty. After I had found the Elf Guardian, I had to retrieve some Cosmic Tree Shards. It was then that the Quest started sending me to further locations. The shards were located at the south-west of the map while the location to report to after that was at the west. Water increased the distance my people had to travel but since the World Size was Small, the distance was not very great.
My expedition had just found the Elf Guardian.
A Child grew up. Since I had a Totem, I had the option of choosing a Witch. However, there was also the option of the Medic. I needed more Medics to protect the village and an additional expedition. In addition, I did not have a Herbalists hut so it was not certain that I would get another chance for a Medic. Thus, I chose the Medic instead of the Witch.
The options I had when a Child grew up.
I went back to the Goblin Village to trade junk armor for more resources. However, when I entered the village, the settlement disappeared with no explanation. I wonder if it was a bug with the Event or if I was only allowed one trade session. Or perhaps it was some drastic measure by the Goblins to escape the poor trade.
My expedition was on the spot where the Goblin Village was.
My village attracted a Scavenger. I did not know that Scavengers could be attracted as this was a first for me.
My village attracted a Scavenger.
I decided to construct the best Watchtower I could. It would be expensive since rare resources were to be used but it would be worth the early warning I would have. This was important since 5-star baddies could have already appeared at the map edges.
Building a Watchtower of Ancient wood and Mithrill.
And as it turned out, there was a 5-star baddie group next to a 5-star lair. The lair would be difficult to tackle since it would be filled with Giants, which were difficult for my people to defeat. In addition, my people's development was focused on Fight Challenges. They would have trouble with other Challenges of 5-star difficulty.
5-star threats on the way to the Cosmic Tree Quest.
The Orcs appeared again with more sick Children. It seemed that this was a repeatable Event and a source of Children.
The Orcs had another sick Child.
Near the end of the Cosmic Tree Quest, I discovered that replanting the Cosmic Tree would not be an option when Zorya was involved.
There is a spelling mistake here.
I unlocked the Manger, a new building I had not constructed before. The building could attract Beasts and Humans. I was not certain of the value of the Animal Kinship bonus since I could not recall any Events in the village requiring Animal Kinship. Also, Hunt Challenges in the village were rare. The bonus to new Gatherers was welcome but Children would seldom grow into adults at the current stage of the game. In addition, I had decided on a Witch for the next Child who grew up.
Building a Manger of Dryad wood and Grain.
I was almost done with the Cosmic Tree Quest. The game was progressing slower since I had more villagers to manage. I was worried about possible 5-star baddies at the edge of the map. Since the World Size was Small, contact with those baddies was likely and could be sudden.

Thea: The Awakening, Zorya 1, Part 1
Thea: The Awakening, Zorya 1, Part 2
Thea: The Awakening, Zorya 1, Part 4
Thea: The Awakening, Zorya 1, Final Part

Thea: The Awakening, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment