Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Buddy Rush: Daily Quest

There was a mini-wave update today that introduced the Daily Quest system. I am going to call this mini-wave 1.7.3.
Pumpkino makes his appearance.
Pumpkino appears as the NPC managing the Daily Quest.
Daily Quest.
Each day, there are three Daily Quests available to be completed. After each is completed, a reward can be collected from Pumpkino. Remember to clear space in the inventory before claiming the reward!
Choose a reward.
After I completed my first Daily Quest, I received a stack of 10 Golden Potions from a choice of three chests as a reward. The second quest also gave 10 Golden Potions while the third gave 1000 bugs. Completing all three quests yielded an additional reward, which can be chosen again from three chests. I received 10000 bugs. After that, there is the option to spend chips for more rewards. I was stingy.
Spend chips for more rewards.
Each character has his or her own list of Daily Quests. Thus, it was possible to complete the quests again with a different character. For my second character, I received 10000 bugs and two stacks of 10 Hyper HP Potions for completing the Daily Quests. The special reward I received for completing all three quests was 30000 bugs. It looks like a good way to collect bugs.

I have also noticed that the casting time for Corrupt Botherella's Summon skill is much shorter after the mini-wave.

Update 6 December 2012:
The Hyper HP Potions from the Daily Quest rewards are the level 1 version. Although they have the same effect as the level 55 version, both Hyper HP Potions are considered to be different types of items. Thus, the cooldown of the level 1 Hyper HP Potion is independent of the cooldown of the level 55 Hyper HP Potion.

In addition, I also looted a stack of 5 Bloods of Phoenix from the additional reward obtained after completing all three quests.
---

Update 10 December 2012:
I just received the following from the Daily Quest Special Reward for completing all the Daily Quests:
It is an accessory!
It is a Rat Tail accessory that gives Def+2%.
It looks weird on Hungry Betty Junior.
---

Update 16 December 2012:
I just received the Spiky Shell from the Daily Quest Special Reward.
Spikey Shell
I thought it was funny to stick the Oblin Doll from the September Attendance reward into the Spiky Shell.
It even gives the Oblin earrings.
---

Update 18 December 2012:
Today, I received the following from the Daily Quest Special Reward:
Purple item!
It was not the first purple item I have received from the Daily Quest Special Reward but it was the first time I saw a Gold Fish.
Gold Fish
It makes me wonder if the Gold Fish is part of a set.
---

Update 15 January 2013: 
Today, I received a costume in the Daily Quest Special Reward!
A costume for Corrupt Botherella.
I received the costume while playing with Silver-eyed Bullseye so it is possible that costumes are given for characters that the player does not have.
---

Buddy Rush: Contents

2 comments:

  1. I think the cast time adjustment affected all of botherella's skill.:) It used to be that her skills are cast once she lands from the ground or when she's coming down from her jump (as she jumps whenever she casts special skills). From what I observed after the adjustment, her skill is cast once she gets to the highest point of her jump (almost immediately after you press/activate the skill).:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not only Botherella's skills. A few of Worrier's skills too activate earlier. It is likely that there are other skills of other characters that are affected.

      Delete