Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mutants: PVE Event, Amazonia

In the Shell Shock's Mutopedia entry, it was asked if I would reproduce the Shell Shock versus Goliath titanic fight in the Arena. Here is the result:
The Shell Shock met the Goliath in Fight 99 of Amazonia.
Despite the Shell Shock having some serious wounds, the result of the match would be obvious.
Of course the Gold Shell Shock won!
Onwards to a more exciting match: Fight 100!
Fight 100 of Amazonia.
It was time to assign my best Mutants:
I had the feeling I did not have the right Mutants.
I needed the Gargantus and the Asian Valkyrie's Speed to take out the opposing Silver Medusa early. I had hoped that my remaining Mutants would still win the fight.

The fight went bad early:
After the Silver Lichlock, a Gold explosion in my Mutants' faces.
On my first turn, I had the chance to assess the situation:
Assessing the situation.
I made my first mistake here. I used Eva's Tag Team while attacking the Silver Medusa with the Asian Valkyrie. Unfortunately, it was not enough to take out the Silver Medusa. Had I done my homework and calculated the Gargantus' and the Asian Valkyrie's attacks, I would have known that the combined attacks of these two Mutants would defeat the Silver Medusa.

The important lesson: Do homework first before the battle. Use a calculator.

Eventually, it was down to the fight fight between the Asian Valkyrie and the Silver Lichlock. The Gold Supernovus had delivered serious explosions and that had hurt bad.
Final fight.
I had called on Eva a second time (at a cost of 20 gold) to arrive at that situation. Doing some quick mental calculations, I think the Asian Valkyrie would require two attacks to defeat the Silver Lichlock while the Silver Lichlock would require two attacks to defeat the Asian Valkyrie. Looking at the turn order, that looked bad.

I either had to hope for a Critical or call on Eva a third time. Interesting to note that the cost of a third Tag Team increased to 25 gold. Anyway, since I had already spend 20 gold so far, I might as well spend another 25 to ensure victory.
Won the Gold Star!
I won the fight, the event and the Gold Star at a cost of 45 gold. Considering that the Gold Star cost 500 gold, I considered the gold expenditure during the fight worth it. If I had not made the mistake of summoning Eva the first time, it would have cost me 25 gold less.

Oh, and there was a congratulatory message too:
Now I know how Baron Urban looks like.
Missy said something unimportant between Baron Urban's phrases.

Mutants: Genetic Gladiators, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment