Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Phantom Chronicle: Third Medal

I recently collected the third Medal for Quest 2-10:
Forgot to take a screenshot of the Phantom Phoenix.
To earn the third Medal, the Quest had to be completed with Phantoms that were at or below a specific Cost. For Quests in Area 2, the restriction to Cost was 2. Tricks were necessary to win the Quest with a party of low-cost Phantoms.

The Phantom Phoenix was of the Fire element. Taking advantage of the game's definition of the Boost Leader Skills, I brought a Cost 1 Blue Will o' the Wisp as Leader for its ability to boost attacks against Phantoms of the Fire element.
Water Boost I gives +50% damage against Fire to everyone.
The common trick to getting the third Medal was to equip the low-cost Phantoms with good Equips. I had only one Equip item of level 3 but that was enough.
Viper with Core Booster HA-3.
I brought along a Mermaid for her Skill Healing I, which could restore HP. Having a high Rank gave me a high SP limit. That allowed me to use Healing I often and kept my HP high.
Mermaid has Healing I.
I had also obtained the third Medal for Quest 4-10.
I remembered to take a screenshot of the Phantom Rafflesia this time.
Finishing the Phantom Rafflesia with a Skill.
In order to earn the third Medal in Area 4, I had to use Phantoms of Cost 4 or less. Taking advantage of the new Limit Break, I had Phantoms of Cost 4 with +2.
Egg Warrior +2, with Core Booster HA-3.
I brought along an Egg Warrior +2. The Egg Warrior has an unusually high Atk and it was a Fire-element, strong against the Phantom Rafflesia, which was a Plant-element. I equipped the Core Booster HA-3 to further increase the Egg Warrior's Atk.

The Egg Warrior was obtained from the recent Egg Hunt Event around Easter.

In addition I brought along a Guardian Alpha:
Guardian Alpha has Total Defense.
Guardian Alpha had Total Defense, which helped protect against the Phantom Rafflesia's devastating powered-up attacks. Again, having a large SP pool allowed me to use Skills often.

Phantom Chronicle, Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment