Monday, April 25, 2011

Cross Edge: Action Count Timer

I still manage an hour of Cross Edge here and there. Game progress is slow since a lot of grinding is necessary and I haven't the time. Been very busy with my writing and you-know-what.

I can see that some people may not like the Action Count timer. This timer appears when the player selects a skill. The player then has to select the next skill before the timer expires. The timer refreshes after each skill is performed. Some people may not like the limited time available to evaluate the situation and decide what to do.

However, I find that the timer does add some challenge to the battle system. I have limited time to examine the situation and select the next skill. I also have limited time to come up with a solution if I meet a problem. Like not noticing a character has been disabled or the opponent's break gauge is not empty. Which is why I take the time to look around before I start the timer.

In addition to that, it keeps the action moving along. Combos look great since skills are performed one after another with little pause in between. If unlimited time had been given, combos would look less impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment