Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cross Edge: Moving Along

So I have been playing Cross Edge for a few days now.

What I find enjoy about the game is to find combos and try them out. Finding combos to build my list in the Arcane Tome is one of the things I find fun. One way to learn combos is to find/buy Arcane Books. The other is by trial and error. In fact, I learned one combo by accidentally performing it during actual combat. From that, I can guess a few other combos.

After that, I go looking through my characters for party members that can perform the combo, then arranging them in a formation. After a trial run in the Battle Practice, I am off to try the combo in actual combat.

Hunting for hidden souls on the game map is not that fun since it gets interrupted by combat once in a while, unless I spend precious Gold on items to prevent combat. On the other hand, I sometimes sit and press R1 to summon a battle or two so I can try out new combos that I have found.

A smaller part of the fun is creating and customizing equipment for my characters. Granted the limited ingredients and resources available to me, I have restrict my experiments a little. Otherwise, I may not have what I need to upgrade the equipment of a character that I had neglected but suddenly find that I need.

So far, most of the fun I had is from discovering and trying out new things. This does worry me about replayability, since after I have completed the game, there will be less things for me to discover. The next playthrough may be significantly less exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment