Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Buddy Rush: Titanium Set (1.3)

Updated with stats in Update 1.3.3.

Today, after 44 tries, I have completed the Titanium set!
Look! All loots revealed!
After getting two Titanium Scales in one day, I had the theory that only one type of a purple unique item is available each day. So, to test the theory out, I had been beating up YA 86 one to three times each day.

But, in an attempt to stop me from proving the theory, they decided to award me the last item I needed to complete the set, the Titanium Eye.
(It worked, by the way. I'm too happy playing with my Titanium set to continue with the experiment.)

The Titanium set consists of four items and all four of them are looted from YA 86's raid. When all four items are equipped, there is an additional set effect that gives more bonuses to the character.
Titanium Eye
Titanium Leaf
Titanium Teeth
Titanium Scale
When all four items are equipped, the complete set gives:
Att+36
Def+43
HP+448
HP Regen+3
MP+52
MP Regen+6.5
Critcal+4%
Evade+0%
Stun+3.5%
Hit Speed+8.5%
Skill Pow+20%
Skill CoolTime-0sec


Update 29 July 2011:
The complete set bonus in Update 1.3.3:
Att+36
Def+43
HP+448
HP Regen+3%
MP+52
MP Regen+6.5%
critical+4%
Evade+0%
Stun+3.5%
Hit Speed+8.5%
Skill Pow+30%
Skill CoolTime-0sec
---

The Titanium set is a defensive set that gives a lot of HP and a good amount of Def. It is very effective on Worriers and Betty Jr with their skills that increases HP. Worrier also has a skill that increases the Def bonus.

And if my theory about Betty Jr's Shiny Scale skill being dependent on HP is correct, the high HP bonus from the Titanium set will help boost the bonus Regen HP from the aura. In fact, since Shiny Scale is an aura, another character equipping the Titanium set can also have the added benefit by having Betty Jr in the party.

There is no bonus to Evade. However, Evade is not so important with high HP and Def that allows the character equipping the set to endure damage.
Lots of HP, lots of Def, decent Regen HP -> fun!
Of course I would equip the Titanium set on Betty Jr. With high HP and Def along with some Regen HP from items and the aura (aura's effect not noted in the screenshot), Betty Jr can last a long time. I equipped a Jack Blin's Shield (red) instead of the Wings of Guardian since the former also gives a boost to HP. I equipped a pair of Enchanced Double Axe to further increase Def, in addition to giving a extra Att.

I took Betty Jr out on a few missions and find it to be really robust. Betty Jr takes little damage and recovers from injury quick. In addition to that, Betty Jr still does decent damage. With Betty Jr's high durability, I can concentrate on doing damage instead of having to move out of the way of each and every attack.

I hope to try Betty Jr in raids soon.

Update 14 July 2011:
Betty Jr in raids, bad. All buddies KOed, leaving Betty Jr alone. :p

1 comment:

  1. ^ About getting a certain purple item a day - I got 3 Genzir's Flags in one day. That may or may not be related to the theory...

    ReplyDelete