Friday, August 10, 2012

Onward to Greater Challenges, Part 2: The Meeting

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I hereby convene our meeting to decide on the future plans of our valiant adventuring party!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Goodness me, must every sentence that come from you be so formal?

Taciturn Female Healer
I hereby propose that we journey towards a larger settlement in order to seek greater opponents to best!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Not you too!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
The shops of this location have ceased to please me. Thus, I second that proposal to travel to a larger settlement where we shall hopefully find quality wares worthy of our gold!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
This conversation's getting too formal for me.

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
After much deliberation, we have concluded that there are but only two possible destinations that we may advance to.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
We've only been talking for two minutes. The snacks and drinks we ordered aren't even here yet!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
So we've just to decide between going to Quite Average Town and going to That Other Town.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Finally, regular speech!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is my hope that we journey to Quite Average Town, for it is the destination of my dear rival, Goblin Warlord. Mayhap we shall travel together with him.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Let's go to That Other Town instead.

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace, concerning your desire to go to That Other Town, is this in anyway related to your gambling debts with Goblin Warlord?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Ah, well... er...

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace, I really must point out that you've a gambling problem.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
The only problem is that I'm not winning.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Which is avoidable by not gambling first place! Why risk your wealth on a game of chance?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Because there's the chance that I will win. It's a way to get gold quick!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I'd like to point out that thus far, it's been a quick way for you to lose gold.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Which just means that someday soon I'll win big! I just have to keep playing!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
The logic of that statement escapes me.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
It's simple, really. If I keep losing, sooner or later, I'm going to win. And when I win, I'm going to win big!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I bet you one gold that you won't be doing any betting while you've got that 320 gold debt.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You're on and I just won. Now give me that one gold.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Here's your gold and that was the 'big win' you've been waiting for.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Damn it!

Goblin Warlord
Greetings, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace. About the matter of the 320 gold you owe me...

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Damn it!

***


No comments:

Post a Comment