Friday, August 10, 2012

Onward to Greater Challenges, Part 3: The Journey

Taciturn Female Healer
Hey, look! Random Goblin Party having lunch! Ambush Round!

Goblin Stabber #1
We would battle with you. We'd even accord the Ambush Round to you. However, having just lost a battle, all of us are Out with zero Hit Points. Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am.

Goblin Stabber #2
Yeah, we're just having lunch before going home.

Taciturn Female Healer
Aww, that's so disappointing! That's the third group we've passed without any Hit Points!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
This road seems to be thick with adventuring parties today.

Goblin Stabber #2
That's true. You're the third that interrupted our lunch.

Goblin Stabber #1
Well, good luck! I'm sure there's still someone or something out there with Hit Points left!

***

Taciturn Female Healer
Argh, a whole morning without a battle! I need a fight!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
It's our rotten luck to have met defeated creatures thus far.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You know, normal people would be glad to avoid trouble.

Taciturn Female Healer
Boring~!!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
It's a pleasant day, it's a pleasant walk. Let's travel faster and find us a proper Quest, one that rewards us royally! That'd pay a lot more than random battles.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
While it is admittedly disappointing not to be able to swing my Big-Ass Sword in combat, the prospect of attempting a Quest a little sooner is indeed consolation.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Then it's settled! Let's pick up the pace and-

Taciturn Female Healer
Hey, look! Wandering Lesser Giant! Battle!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Ah, wait! That thing's at least 10 levels over me!

***

Taciturn Female Healer
Ah, that was a good battle!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
The Experience Points and the reward Booty was satisfying.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Readily do I agree with you! The glory after a good battle is like refreshment to my spirit!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Speak for yourselves. I'm the one who's Out with zero Hit Points.

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I still don't get it. Why would Wandering Lesser Giant charge past Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman and Taciturn Female Healer just to pound on Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It makes no sense though I shall not complain since by good fortune I consumed far less Healing Potions than I would otherwise.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I had to pay Goblin Warlord so I didn't have any gold left for Healing Potions.

Taciturn Female Healer
Wandering Lesser Giant muttered something before she used her considerable size to push past me. Something about 'enemy of all females'.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I would like to point out that we'd save a lot on Healing Potions if we actually had a Healer. I'd even have positive Hit Points now if we had one.

Taciturn Female Healer
I'm Healer.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I mean a real Healer class character who can Heal.

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Well then, shall we continue our travel?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
The sooner we get to That Other Town, the sooner I can get Resurrected. Or at least, a decent meal.

Taciturn Female Healer
Hey, look! Tougher Lesser Giant! Battle!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Ah, wait! That creature's 14 levels over mine!

***

Tougher Lesser Giant
All right, you got me! I'm Out! Zero Hit Points!

Taciturn Female Healer
Yay!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Congratulations to Taciturn Female Healer for avenging Typical Bespectacled Mage and myself!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Yes, welcome to my Zero-Hit-Point Club, you two.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Let's have a look at the Booty.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Not like I'll get any since I didn't and couldn't participate in the battle.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
This is just standard Booty!

Tougher Lesser Giant
Have a heart. I had just barely set up here when the little one came rushing with her ax! I didn't have the time to waylay travelers and random adventurers to build my Booty!

***


No comments:

Post a Comment