Friday, August 10, 2012

Onward to Greater Challenges, Part 1: The Prelude

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I am Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman with my Big-Ass Sword and I greet you, Goblin Warlord, on this sunny morning at the inn of Goblin Village Across The Meadow.

Goblin Warlord
I am Goblin Warlord, who has no need of a Big-Ass Sword. I hereby return the cordial greeting of Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Ah, but my good Goblin Warlord, a Big-Ass Sword is a statement of strength, a symbol of power. It is an object that represents the determination of the wielder. With it in hand, a leader may inspire his allies with a vision of his glory. At the very least, it has a balance of Stat bonuses. Certainly you may have use for one.

Goblin Warlord
That may be true. But I am not cliched.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It pains me to agree that you have a point there.

***

Goblin Warlord
I would like to point out that our little weekly exercise between the Troop of Goblin Raiders and the Defenders of the Ubiquitous Backwater Village is getting a little pointless. I'm sending in more and more Goblins that my present holdings are not producing enough gold to maintain my troops.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I shall have to agree with your accurate observation, for though my companions and I still are being paid gold, the amount lately seems less than sufficient. Many a times my mind have wandered afar to dream of greater battles and greater rewards.

Goblin Warlord
That's probably because you've already bought all the best equipment in the area and you need better rewards to afford better ones.

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is but a small feat to gather the best of equipment considering that the quality of the wares available is less than desirable. My companions and I require tougher challenges, greater glory and larger shopping malls! Thus, we must depart from this place in search of them.

I shall speak with my companions, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace, Taciturn Female Healer and Typical Bespectacled Mage, as soon as breakfast is done!

Goblin Warlord
Well said. I too shall depart from this location in my quest to better myself. However, I must point out that this is where we part ways.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Oh but why, Goblin Warlord? We have been the best of rivals!

Goblin Warlord
True. But your party has gained an average of how many levels?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I modestly admit that on average, my party has gained 15 levels.

Goblin Warlord
Right. However, I've only gained 12 levels. Our score so far is 5 wins for me and 9 wins to you - and you won the last 2 battles overwhelmingly. I'm not getting enough experience or loot. I need to train against easier opponents first before challenging you again.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is with reluctance that I accept your decision to go our separate ways. It is also my hope that we shall meet on the field of battle again in the future!

Goblin Warlord
Well said, my worthy rival! Oh, and before you leave, please remind Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace that she still owes me 320 gold from last night's card game. If she'd only pay her debts regularly, I may actually afford to remain here for another week.

***


No comments:

Post a Comment