Friday, September 6, 2013

Swords & Potions 2: Week of the Elemental talisman

I unlocked the recipe for the Elemental talisman:
Elemental talisman
It requires a Moon Stone. I checked my Quests Book and found that the Moon Stone is a green reward from the Tower Dungeon:
That is the shape of a Moon Stone in the green reward.
My plan is to send a customer into the Tower Dungeon, equipped with an Elemental talisman, to find more Moon Stones. Then I'll figure out what to do with the Moon Stones.

To craft the first Elemental talisman, I used the Moon Stone from the Achievement:
Shiny objects 1 Achievement's reward is a Moon Stone.
Now to equip a suitable customer:
"Go forth, my minion, er, valued customer!"
20% chance to score a Moon Stone is not bad. I am pretty worried about the 10% chance of losing the Elemental talisman, though. Oh, and the 100% chance to get two Acids is a bonus.

Now to wait. Let's see what interesting detail I can find in the Recipe Book:
I need to craft 112 Courier's sandals to unlock a new recipe!?
(Look at the amount of Oil I have in the background of the screenshot! :p)

Looking through my Quests Book, the only place I can get the Golden Silk necessary to craft a Courier's sandals is the Dangerous Fissure:
That looks like a Golden Silk in the green reward.
That means I have to find 112 Golden Silks! That is unless I get the duplicate-item bonus (from the Toolbox and Workstations). Obtaining two items from the duplicate-item does count as two for the purposes of unlocking recipes.

Looking through the wiki, I found that Golden Silk is available as a blue and even a white reward in latter dungeons. That is a relief.

Oh, and I still have to deal with angry customers:
"Wow, I wasn't expecting you to ask for something I have."
The customer who went to the Tower Dungeon returned later:
No Moon Stone...
I should be happy that the Elemental talisman was returned safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment