Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gloriously Messed-up Chapter 6 Page 2

"You've become quite the bookworm lately," Second Sis noted.

"Sis, it's like this because I haven't been studying. I want to fix it before it gets worse."

"But you passed the exams didn't you?"

"I only passed marginally." Annie looked into her sister's blue eyes. "Sis, I think I can do much better. I want to do better."

"Fine, fine, do your reading." Carrie surveyed the room. She wandered over to Annie's closet.

Annie, in the meantime, looked for a place to store her new dumbbell.

"Hey, Annie, where'd you get this dress?"

Annie turned to see that Second Sis had taken the red dress out of its flat bag. "I don't know," she answered, "It's always there."

"Think, Annie."

Annie thought for a moment. "I remember it was there when I got home from the hospital. Why are you asking this?"

"Oh, nothing," Second Sis replied dismissively. She replaced the dress in the bag and hung it in the closet. When Annie was about to speak again, Carrie immediately interrupted, "Why are you studying so hard?"

Annie sat on her chair. "I want good grades, Sis. I want to go to college."

"If you read too much and you'll end up wearing glasses like Marie you know." Second Sis grinned and waved a hand lightly. "And your hair will grow short, you'll get a little thicker round the waist and hips..."

"And I'll have bigger breasts than you," Annie added.

"You're not one to comment, flat-chest!" Carrie struck an indignant pose with arms akimbo. "You've been studying so much you hardly have time for me."

"Sorry, Sis, I can't help it. I'm so behind on my studies." Annie sighed. "We're already going to the salon next week."

"Yeah, yeah." Carrie picked up her shopping bags. "We used to spend so much more time together." She sighed, then quietly left the room.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment