Monday, March 28, 2011

Buddy Rush: Nagne as Party Member Build Test

I have a Nagne with a Passive build.
My Passive build Nagne.
The logic is that Nagne's Leaf Slash and Kiss of Death makes him immobile (and thus, defenseless) for a while. So to be less annoying when others use my character in their party, I should build my Nagne to use his skills less often but to be absolutely destructive with his regular attack. Thus, my skill points go into Sword Mastery.

I have decent Atk and Def, and I have good Critcal [sic] to do even more damage. The extra Hit Speed is just an unintended bonus. I would have liked more HP Regen but, could not squeeze it in.

I do not put MP and MP Regen in so my Nagne does not use his skills often when he is a passive party member. I also do not invest in Stun. Nagne defeats Oblins quick so Stun is not useful. And against bosses, I would rather use Kiss of Death to more reliably inflict Stun.

However, I wondered whether Nagne's active skills are really good or bad. So I decided to run tests with a variety of Nagne builds as passive party members.

I tested: 
- the Balanced build; Balanced in all skills with decent Atk and Def and even a little MP Regen.
- the Casanova build; Kiss of Death! With decent Atk and Def.
- the Freeloader build; few skill points spent.
- the Divine Wind build; Atk all the way!

I do not have any friends using the Passive build, though.

In summary, it does not matter much which build is used as long as Nagne has enough Atk and Def.  Everyone just dies quickly. Too quickly for high-damage skills to come out. Too quickly for Nagne's immobility (after using Leaf Slash or Kiss of Death) to be an issue.

Oh and Nagne also dies quickly if he gets hit more than once. :p

I had a little trouble with the Divine Wind build since that Nagne's HP went down really quick. A little bit of Def does help reduce potion-usage. But still expect to use one or two HP Potions even with Vivich in the team.
It is over too quick.
In boss fights, the situation is different. The boss can survive long enough to throw out at least one high-damage skill. And there's the chance that a party-member Nagne will be immobile while the boss is targeting his skill (the crosshairs on the ground). A decent Def helps reduce the danger but still expect to use a few potions in boss fights to keep Nagne alive.

And finally, yes, we did it again. We defeated Oblins too quickly.
Oops, we did it again!
Buddy Rush: Contents

1 comment:

  1. Excellent breakdown on the nagne builds, i think i'll go for casanova build. I wanna roll with a warrior and botherella party, i think its pretty effective.

    ReplyDelete