Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dungeon Raid, Part 2: The Commencement

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Wow, my very first Dungeon Raid!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Now the first thing to remember about Dungeons is that the denizens have the advantage. Namely, they'll likely have-

Sudden Goblin Interruption
Ambush Round!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Yes, that.

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
All right, having literally beat that Sudden Goblin Interruption away, I shall continue with my explanation. The denizens are more likely to call-

Another Goblin Nuisance
Ambush Round!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Will you stop interrupting!?

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Now then, after Another Goblin Nuisance is done, as I was saying, having the advantage of territory, the denizens have a higher chance of...

Taciturn Female Healer
Ambush Round!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Again!? Wait, we're calling it this time?

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Okay, having won that expectedly easy fight, I'll continue my explanation...

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Uh, I think I've figured it out by now.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
You have?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
The local population in the Dungeon is more likely to call an Ambush Round. And when they do, we can't change our formation while they're free to position themselves.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
So you have.

One More Goblin Interruption
Ambush Round!

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I do readily perceive that we shall soon face worthier opponents. As such, I shall put forth the suggestion that we review our formation to best meet our enemy!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
We've agreed that Taciturn Female Healer is going to tank.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Then it is with reluctance that I take my place behind Taciturn Female Healer.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Right, and I'll hold the back... where it's safer.

Ambushing Lesser Troll
Ambush Round! I and my two Lesser Troll buddies are attacking the puny Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace from the back!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
MUMMY~!!!

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Wait a minute! In an Ambush Round, they can come from any direction!? I was nearly sent Out the last time!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
It's common knowledge. It should've been covered while you were in college.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I must've missed that lesson... But that means the back isn't totally safe. Something big could attack from the back! Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman, you've to cover our rear!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I hereby protest! A leader's place should not be at the back of his companions!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I'm sorry, but she's right. That attack from the back by three Lesser Trolls could've taken out Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace. We can't risk losing a, er, 'valued' member of our party.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
It was just fortunate that you've supplied me with Healing Potions before the Raid.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Then it is with extreme reluctance that I, Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman, take up position at the rear, where I shall guard the backs of my dear, dear companions.

Goblin Stabber Interrupting Squad Leader
Ambush Round! Me and my Squad of Goblin Stabbers shall attack from the front!

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Stormed by the denizens of this perilous Dungeon, valiant has our party striven to defend ourselves, though perhaps too valiant for the battle was done before I had the opportunity to display my prowess with my Big-Ass Sword, thus denying me valuable Experience Points, leaving only meager loot for compensation.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
TL; DR!!!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
He's complaining that by the time he made it to the front, the battle's over.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Oh, why didn't you just say so?

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
This is ridiculous. It seems that no matter what formation we arrange ourselves in, there's always some problem with it.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
It's the Ambush Rounds!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
We need a few Scout skills to reduce the chance of being Ambushed. Don't Archers get them?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Later, at a higher level.

Taciturn Female Healer
Dungeons do tend to be unpredictable.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Maybe we should be unpredictable too.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
You mean we should just randomly arrange our formation?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Let's try that!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I don't think I'd like the idea of a random formation.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Oh, quit complaining just because you're randomly assigned to the front.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It appears to me that the positions at the front and the rear of the party would best be covered by the sturdiest of our members, which are myself and Taciturn Female Healer. Thus far, we've met but reasonable opposition that do not greatly exceed our strength. As Taciturn Female Healer does not require Experience Points as dearly as I do, perhaps it is best that I ward the front and she, the rear.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You just want to lead at the front again, don't you?

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is rightful that a leader's place should be at the front of his companions, leading the way into danger!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Look at the happy idiot.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I'm just worried that we'll face something you can't handle.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It has been my observation that the greatest opposition we have faced thus far were a trio of Lesser Trolls. I am certain I could occupy a company of such strength while my companions gather together for a counter-attack!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Yes, yes, but you do realize that if they attack from the back, you'll be behind your companions in the resulting battle.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It has also been my observation that I have been at the back of my companions in too many battles thus far. It is my hope that the next fight shall have me at the forefront, ready to engage the enemy!

Pink-Armored Minotaur Guardian
Ambush Round! I, Pink-Armored Minotaur Guardian, the Mid-Boss of Tame Mossy Caverns Of Purple Flowers, shall attack from the front!

***


No comments:

Post a Comment