Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dungeon Raid, Part 5: The Interim

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That was the most refreshing battle! The Booty was good! I even gained a few Experience Points, right at the very end...

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I agree with your observation. I've gained two levels from that fight!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Similarly have I advanced by two levels. It was indeed a glorious fight and I welcome the rewards that we have won!

Taciturn Female Healer
And I gained three levels!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Wait a minute! I didn't even gain a single level!

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
In order to assess the readiness of our party, I hereby propose that we conduct a thorough check of our supplies that we may be prepared for our venture deeper into the Dungeon in search of the Dungeon Boss and a heroic battle!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Wholeheartedly am I in concurrence with that suggestion! I hereby report that my stock of supplies consists of 14 Cases of Mana Potions!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You guys are lapsing into formal speech again.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Similarly shall I announce that I have in my possession 28 Cases of Healing Potions! I shall now inquire as to the state of your supply of consumables, my fellow companion, Taciturn Female Healer.

Taciturn Female Healer
My supply consists of 12 Bottles of Healing Potions with which I am ready to do battle again!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Ugh, formal speech, the bane of my existence. Oh, um, I've 4 Quivers of Arrows and 6 Cases of Healing Potions. We should keep a lookout for more supplies. And Ambushes, not that that'll do us any good.

***

Taciturn Female Healer
Ambush Round!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You don't have to be so dramatic. I mean, we're just 'Ambushing' a conveniently-placed Treasure Chest in the middle of a corridor.

Taciturn Female Healer
Don't you mean 'suspiciously-placed'?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
What do you mean-!? MUMMY~!!!

Taciturn Female Healer
You really should always check if the Treasure Chest is some sort of disguised monster.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
One beaten-up Chest-trap Beast later and we've found another Treasure Chest. And yes, I've checked that it isn't a disguised baddie!

Taciturn Female Healer
Did you check for traps?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Check for what-!? MUMMY~!!!

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
After all that pain and trouble, that Treasure Chest had only 2 Cases of Healing Potions!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
These Cases are a great boon with which to replenish our supplies!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
There's not even gold!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Don't complain. It's not like we can use gold to heal our wounds or defeat our enemies right now.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That's the fourth Treasure Chest and it contained only supplies!

Taciturn Female Healer
I wish there were more fights.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
This Dungeon does seem unbalanced with all the fights first and the Treasure Chests later.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I want GOLD! And this Dungeon shouldn't be called 'Tame Mossy Caverns Of Purple Flowers' - I haven't seen a single Purple Flower at all! This Dungeon is so going to get a 1-star rating!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
This is the last door. The Dungeon Boss should be waiting beyond.

Taciturn Female Healer
Finally! I haven't fought anything since the Chest-trap Beast after the Mid-Boss!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I was already getting bored. There'd better be some good gold Booty from the Boss. This is the worst Dungeon Raid ever!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Pardon me, but isn't this your only Dungeon Raid ever?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
So it is.

***


Part 4: The Mid-Boss, Round 2+
Part 6: The Boss
 
Adventures of Heroes Who Talk Too Much

No comments:

Post a Comment