Friday, January 4, 2013

Dungeon Raid, Part 7: The Boss, Round 2

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Thus are we gathered to plan our fight in the coming Round! Lithe Silverbow Naga is certain to organize her Common Poisonous Snakes to prevent myself and Taciturn Female Healer from engaging her in direct combat! Typical Bespectacled Mage, perhaps your spells may deplete her low amount of remaining Hit Points despite her high Magic Defense?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I could try but Lithe Silverbow Naga is likely to have some way of regaining Hit Points.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Sorely do I wish that my companion, Typical Bespectacled Mage, could cast a Listen spell to eavesdrop on the plans of Lithe Silverbow Naga!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I could cast the spell but there's nothing to listen to since they're not discussing anything on the other side.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
This is boring waiting for people to talk. Then it'll be boring waiting for them to fight. Being Out is boring. Boring, boring, boring!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I can use my Shield spell to provide some cover from Lithe Silverbow Naga's sniping.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Then we shall force our way through to the Boss!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Yes, but if we're advancing rapidly, I'm worried about our rear. I make a poor guard for the rear and I can't use my Shield to protect both the back and the front.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
The defense of our rear may be entrusted to our common companion, Taciturn Female Healer!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
We need her to take Lithe Silverbow Naga down.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
... Forgive me if I am mistaken, but are you suggesting that the leader be at the rear again?

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Explain to me something...

Typical Bespectacled Mage
If I may.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You can use the Shield spell to reduce damage from that Boss' sniping?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Yes.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Could you not have used it to protect me while I was under attack earlier!?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Hmm... I guess it didn't cross my mind.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
It... what!?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Anyway, you were out of range for the spell to be effective.

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Well, that was an easy enough fight. There were not many Common Poisonous Snakes left. And Lithe Silverbow Naga was indeed low on Hit Points.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
As soon as the contents of the Battlefield Treasure Chest have been secured, we shall claim this battle!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Must be easy for you since I've set off most of the traps near the treasure.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Taciturn Female Healer, may I inquire as to your status?

Taciturn Female Healer
I'm fine! Last Common Poisonous Snake is doing less damage to me than I can regenerate, even with poison!

Last Common Poisonous Snake
It bites being weak and alone with a gigantic ax over my head! Can't complain about the Experience Points, though.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Oh goody, we've looted the chest and won the fight! What's in the chest?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Indeed, we have won the fight and have claimed our prize, the Charmed Dagger of Accuracy!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
A Dagger!? Do any of us use Daggers!?

Taciturn Female Healer
I do! I always keep one for foes with high Agility!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
This Boss Fight sucks. I didn't gain a single Experience Point! Does the Booty we received from winning the fight have anything useful?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I do declare that our Booty is a sizable amount of gold and a Keenly Charged Knife!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Another Dagger!? This Dungeon is so going to get a one-star rating from me!

***


Part 6: The Boss
Interlude

Adventures of Heroes Who Talk Too Much

No comments:

Post a Comment