Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Double Reclassification, Part 7: The Forgotten Investor

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
We're back in Some Town Tavern to celebrate the completion of our Dungeon Raid!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
We received a lot of gold, some loot and Experience Points. I'd consider the Dungeon Raid a success.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
We scored a Sturdy Leather Breastplate! It has good Defense, it has a Plus and it matches my Non-Equipment clothes so I claimed it!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
You'll be a better tank now with increased Defense.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
So, explain to me something.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
If I may.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Why are you setting aside some of our gold?

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I'm setting aside some of our gold for our party funds.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
But Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman isn't even here!

Taciturn Female Healer
Actually, he's just sitting beside you with a mug of ale and a signboard with a cross-eyed smiley.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I do lament my obscurity since the time I had the burden of the Out status laid upon me.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Do we really need Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Greater woe has befallen upon me, for I have now discovered that I am indeed invisible to Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Anyway, Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman, have you been doing anything besides drinking ale in taverns?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is with great pleasure that I report the setting up of two investment schemes with our shared gold!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
What have you done with our gold!?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I note that at the mention of gold, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace suddenly noticed the presence of Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I announce that I have acquired shares in two promising businesses here in That Other Town. With these partial ownerships, we shall be paid a portion of the profits of these businesses regularly!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
So we now have a steady income of gold? Wow, you're useful to have!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
And that's why we should always save some gold for him.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That's great! So... may I have some gold for shopping?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is with regret that I inform you, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace, that it does take some time for our share of the gold to accumulate.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Eh, say what now?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Our shared party resources are now near empty. We should thus focus our efforts on the reduction of our expenditure till our gold is replenished!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That means no shopping?

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Goodness, what am I going to do with no gold for shopping!? Wait, what about today's loot?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Like I'd told you before, we'd be better off with some of our gold in Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman's hands. The more we put in now, the better our returns later.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You mean we've absolutely no gold?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Oh, I'm sure he's set aside some for essential spending like stocking up on consumables. Besides, I didn't give Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman everything - you've your share of the loot. Isn't that enough for your daily needs?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Well... I, er... I need to do some calculations...

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Let's see... I do have enough gold for daily expenses... definitely not enough for shopping, and definitely not enough for my night-time activity! Where else can I get gold?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
You do have enough gold, don't you?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Er, yes, I guess...

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Anyway, explain to me something!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Yes, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You're Out! How did you do all your business while you're Out? Is that permitted!?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I do admit that I am restricted by the misfortune of my Out status as stated in The Rules. Thus, there is indeed few tasks that I may perform. That which I may not, I have set up Quests for others to accomplish. I count the gold reward I pay as a minor expense for greater profits!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Oh, so you're abusing the Quest system too!

Wandering Grumpy Ogre
As I told you a few days back, simple Quests like these are the only way some of us can earn gold with you Hero-types beating us so often!

Erm, I delivered the paperwork like you asked, Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman. Any other Quests? Maybe something with kids?

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Explain to me something else!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Yes, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You had been sending Wandering Grumpy Ogre out on Quests and paying him gold, yes?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
That is indeed correct!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Why didn't you offer those Quests to me!?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Ah, her avarice shows itself again.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
What'll I do for tonight's gold?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Eh, did you say something?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Ah, I was just thinking... I'm past Level 100 now. I think it's time for me to Reclassify.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Oh, don't you dare! At least not until Cliched-Spikey Haired Swordsman gains a few Levels so he can properly tank! Don't you forget what happened when both him and me Reclassified at the same time!

***

Part 6: The Dungeon Boss

Interlude

Adventures of Heroes Who Talk Too Much

No comments:

Post a Comment