Friday, November 1, 2013

The Double Reclassification, Part 3: The Easy Quest

Taciturn Female Healer
I've a good Quest where our newly Reclassified companions can gain a few Levels!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Oh, this better be good. Let's see... we're to clean a Bee infestation in Very Ordinary Garden.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That looks pretty easy. Are you feeling okay, Taciturn Female Healer? You usually pick something way over my Level.

Taciturn Female Healer
The first Quest for someone who has just Reclassified must be easy. Once he has gained a few Levels, because of Stat Growth Skills from the previous Class, he will gain Stats quickly. You bought Stat Growth Skills, right?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Of course, I did! Only an idiot would neglect investing in Stats... erm, Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman, you did buy a few Stat Growth Skills, I hope?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is most certain that I have invested Skill Points into the development of my Stats in Hit Points, Strength and Constitution!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
That's a relief to hear.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
We've arrived at Very Ordinary Garden!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Let's take a look at the opposition first. We wouldn't want to have a repeat of that incident with Weeds when we were here the last time.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
The Common Bees that we're to clear out do look like they're very low in Levels.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
They're still high-Level for my Level of 1.

Anyway, from what I can see, there does not seem to be any surprises. We should try to get an Ambush Round so Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman and I can each get a hit and gain a few Levels. This means, no charging in, Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
But charging into battle, heedless of danger, is a fitting display of heroism when faced with a difficult opposition!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
We have to be careful since you and I are Level 1. Do this Quest right and we'll be well on our way to higher Levels.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It still is not right to attack an opponent unannounced! A worthy opponent most certainly deserves a proper introduction, followed by a fitting fight and not be defeated through the use of underhanded tricks!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace, could you...

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Look here, Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman. If we do an Ambush Round, it'll be easier for each of us to select our targets. Certainly you'd want to face their leader, don't you?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
That is indeed true. Very well, we shall carry out this plan to surprise the opposition where I may challenge their leader as it rightly should be!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Uh... that's not what I had in mind!

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
With the initiative provided by the Ambush Round, I shall charge the leader of the opposition...

... Pardon me, Little Common Bee, but who might your leader be?

Little Common Bee
We don't have a leader.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Then how does your party decide on the course to follow?

Little Common Bee
We just do whatever we feel like doing.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Without a definite leader on the opposing side, my purpose in this battle does seem to be unclear.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Just attack someone on their side!

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
In the absence of an opposing leader, I shall attack the strongest combatant of my opponents!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
No, don't do that!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I attack Slightly Tough Bee! With a slash of my Big-Ass Sword against a superior opponent, I have gained enough Experience Points to raise my Level by four!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Don't forget to replenish your Hit Points to its new limit!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I shall now cast Heal on myself!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
No, don't do that! Use Healing Potions!

Slightly Tough Bee
I counterattack with a Power Attack!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I curse my misfortune, for my Hit Points have been exhausted by a single attack before I completed my Heal Spell!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Heal Spells take a little time to cast! You should have used a Healing Potion, which would immediately have an effect!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Taciturn Female Healer, tank for me while I cast Spells, Level and Heal myself!

Taciturn Female Healer
Okay!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
A few of them are circling around us! Who's tanking the rear!? We're short one tank!

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Explain to me something.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
If I may.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
We're the ones who initiated the Ambush Round, right?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
That is correct.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Why then are we the ones surrounded?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
... I supposed that when everything goes awry, we unconsciously fall back to the tactic we are most familiar with. And we do get surrounded quite often.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That's good to know. By the way, there's still nobody tanking the rear!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
You know, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace, you could tank the rear.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Me?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
They're only two of them attacking from that direction and your Level is much greater than theirs.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Hey, you're right! I was just hit and didn't lose many Hit Points! This is going to be fun!

Indignant Common Bee
You could at least pretend to be injured by my attack, you know.

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
That was an easy enough Quest. I gained thirteen Levels.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Our spikey-haired idiot got himself pwned by a puny enemy! I easily defeated Slightly Tough Bee!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It shames me to admit that your statements are indeed true.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
In our leader's defense, what was puny for you, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace, was over 30 Levels above him.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Do we have enough gold to pay for his Resurrect?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It shall not be necessary to finance my Resurrect. I shall use the week of my Out status to engage in some time away from adventuring.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
That's not like you to avoid adventuring.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
My Out status is my responsibility, for I had failed to heed the advice of Typical Bespectacled Mage! As I repent my failure, I shall bear its consequences!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Okay, nobly bearing the consequences is more like you. Listening to me, that's new.

***

Part 2: The Impending Trouble
Part 4: The Quiet Quest

Adventures of Heroes Who Talk Too Much

No comments:

Post a Comment