Friday, November 1, 2013

The Double Reclassification, Part 2: The Impending Trouble

Taciturn Female Healer
It looks like you're Reclassifying!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
On this bright and beautiful afternoon in Some Town Tavern of That Other Town, I have indeed decided to Reclassify! Having reached Level 100 as a Fighter, the time is thus appropriate for me to assume a new Class and acquire the benefits of its Skills!

Taciturn Female Healer
So, what Class are you going for?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Having observed the advantage of Regeneration as enjoyed by you, Taciturn Female Healer, and our recent opponents, I have decided to acquire that same Skill. In addition, I wish to boost my Will Stat that I may resist harmful Spells. Thus, I have chosen the Class of Healer as the target of my Reclassification, that I may avail myself of the benefits of the Skills of Regeneration and Stat Growth: Will!

Taciturn Female Healer
I wonder what are Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace and Typical Bespectacled Mage doing at that table...

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Pardon me, Taciturn Female Healer, but I am having some difficulty comprehending the requirements of this form. Might you grant me some guidance?

Taciturn Female Healer
Oh, sure.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
What are you doing?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I'm Reclassifying.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Into a Healer?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Yes.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Really?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Yes. One, to stop your complains about how we need a Healer. Two, because Levels in Healer and Mage are prerequisites for many Advanced Classes that cast Spells.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That's nice of you. Hopefully we'll spend a lot less on Healing Potions in the future.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I wonder what are Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman and Taciturn Female Healer doing at that table there.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Don't know, don't care. I'm watching you until you're done and we have a Healer!

***

Taciturn Female Healer
Have you learned all the Skills you wanted in your current Fighter Class?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Though many are the Skills that I wish to master, my supply of Skill Points are limited and thus I must be selective in their allocation into my Skill with Swords and into Skills that boost the progression of Stats!

Taciturn Female Healer
You could go up a few more Levels to gain more Skill Points.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
That is indeed a reasonable suggestion. However, the Stats of an F-Rank Fighter are abysmal and further adventure with such Stats would be demoralizing when my fighting abilities bring forth weak effect. Having achieved Level 100, I am qualified to be a C-Rank Fighter should I revisit the Class of the Fighter in order to learn the remaining Skills of my desire!

Taciturn Female Healer
A C-Rank Fighter does have better Stats. You've given this some thought!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I have reached Level 103 as an F-Rank Mage. However, there are just too many Skills and Spells to learn. I'll have to buy the essential ones and leave the rest for when I one day Reclassify as a C-Rank Mage.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Not interested. Keep writing.

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I have come to learn that Levels as a Healer are a requirement in a certain Advanced Class of heroic nature, the bastion of leadership that will lead his party to victory!

Taciturn Female Healer
Oh, you mean, the Paladin.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Indeed. The Paladin is a holy warrior, skilled with the sword and with the constitution to endure! There is also the Knight. Though being a Healer is not a requirement, the Healer does, to repeat the fact again, have Skills that boost Will, which will lessen the weakness of the Knight to magic!

Taciturn Female Healer
Looks like you've really thought this through. For me, I'd get Levels in all six Basic Classes so I can qualify for any Advanced Class.

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
There are a number of spellcasting Advanced Classes with new Spells I can learn, Classes that require Levels in both Mage and Healer. There's the Warlock, the Witch Doctor...

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Yeah, yeah. Don't stop filling the forms to talk. I want our Healer as soon as possible.

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Finally, you're done! Now let's tell the good news to the rest of the party!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Here come Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman and Taciturn Female Healer to join us.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is indeed a great pleasure of mine to announce that I have Reclassified into a new Class, which is the Healer, in order that I may further better myself!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Wait...

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Did I hear correctly?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
You did what?

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
But I just Reclassified into a Healer too!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
We can't have two people Reclassify into Healers at the same time! What are we going to do with half the party being Healers?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
We can't have two people Reclassify at the same time! Now half the party is at Level 1!

***

Part 1: The Introductory Battle
Part 3: The Easy Quest

Adventures of Heroes Who Talk Too Much

No comments:

Post a Comment