Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Handful of Sand Interlude 5

Hello, I'm Connie and welcome to the Narration Room.

No, I'm not really as nasty as Connie the character is. That was just me acting as an ambitious and resourceful teenage girl with no sense of moral responsibility. My true character is far different from my character, just like how Annie and her character are... no, on second thought, that wasn't a good comparison.

Forget I mentioned her.

When I was developing my character for Gloriously Messed-up (the other story that was done first), I was handed a document with the writers' notes on Connie's plan for that night of the dinner party.

You see, to be realistic, the writers had actually planned out a complete outline of what Connie did, even though none of it appeared in the story. This helped me work on my character and helped the narrator add relevant bits of details on what went on that night in the story. Things like when Connie disappeared from the scene or any details that Annie (I'm not mentioning her other name here) noted.

This would make more sense if you've read Gloriously Messed-up. So I guess I should have mentioned this in an interlude in that story. Ah well, please bear with me if you haven't read it.

Anyway, the document detailed Connie's full plan. My word, if a fourteen-year-old can come up with that, that redhead should be planning for the special forces or something. She had everything planned - lists of assets, liabilities, objectives, contingencies and secondaries.

She knew what to do if something went wrong. She knew how to cover her absence. She planned an alibi. She planned what to do to keep both Annie and Sabine (her plump brown-haired classmate) from guessing her motive, what information to feed each of them. She knew where Zamback was to wait and the signals to summon him. She prepared safe locations to ready the spiked drinks.

The whole thing was like a carefully prepared military operation.

Then she was dumb enough to post those photos on the Internet.

I hope I have sufficiently distracted you from the story. So, please take a little break. Rest your eyes, go get a drink and/or some sunshine. The story will still be here when you get back.

Unless something very unlikely and unexpected happens like a fire somewhere. Hope you have a contingency for that!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment