Thursday, March 7, 2013

Game of Thrones Ascent

I recently started playing Game of Thrones Ascent on Facebook.

I like the concept of playing a noble in the Game of Thrones setting. There are things to do and goodies to make and collect, all to make the player and his/her followers powerful.

There are stories and deeds to perform in them. The quests run like pick-your-adventure stories. The player picks an option out of several presented and loot the rewards. Somewhere in the quest is usually a challenge, requiring the player to send a follower (called a sworn sword) to handle.

The game is still in beta. There are many bugs here and there. And I think the developers underestimated the number of players so there is some lag when everyone gets on to play during peak periods. In addition, the game demands lots of memory from my computer.

Once the developers fix all the problems, I expect the game to be fun. Really fun.

Meanwhile, here is a superior item I crafted:
Hoarding Trader
It is the only superior item I have crafted so far. The Hoarding Trader is an improvement over the regular Trader. Granted that it is only an Uncommon Unit and the bonus is not much but with the 1% success rate at the time of creation, it was something to be excited about.

Plus, I'm still new to the game. Even something so insignificant is a big bonus at the moment.

Update 7 March 2013:
Just crafted the following:
Doublet of Wile
It is an improvement over the Doublet. Not really that impressive.

Update 10 March 2013:
I crafted this recently:
Broadsword of Fish
I was crafting a Broadsword, an Uncommon item and got lucky with a superior result, producing a legendary item with lots of stats! The item even has a gold border in the screenshot. Now if only it was given a legendary name to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment