Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lady in the City, Part 5: The Evening Argument

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
What a good time to go shopping after a satisfying dinner! And it's a beautiful evening too!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I don't get what's with you and shopping.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You didn't have to come, you know. It's just a quick look around the shops before they close for the day.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
The Town Megamall that is Popular with Teens opens till late so there's still plenty of time if you shop there.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I want my beauty sleep. Besides, that place's expensive and has a huge variety of randomly selected products. You never know what you'll find there... hmmm, maybe I'll take a look later.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the Town Megamall that is Popular with Teens. What are you looking for, by the way?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
The specialty shops may have Equipment that has a Star on it.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
To match that Horned Helm that we won.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman gave me a sizable budget to buy one.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
And here I thought you're just going to shop for useless things.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Actually, I am. :p

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
That Silver Breastplate of Greater Defense had a Star - it would have been perfect for Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Too bad it costs a whole lot more than our budget.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I think, even with this sizable budget, we won't be able to afford anything useful.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I wouldn't say that. Take a look at this Ivory Monocle.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
What's so special about... Oh my, it has two Pluses!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Matches the two Pluses on your Azure Rod of Frozen Fury, doesn't it? It's well within our budget and it'll boost your contribution to the party by a whole lot!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
If I hadn't known better, you're trying to bribe me for some reason.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Actually, I am. ;)

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I can't wait to try out my Ice Spells now that my Azure Rod of Frozen Fury has its Stats boosted by the Ivory Monocle we just bought!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Your eyes are sparkling again.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Hmm... my skin's feeling itchy.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
And you still smell a little of the sewer too. Why don't you go clean up at the Obligatory Town Inn?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I can do that later. Why are you suggesting that now?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Your fragrance from our adventure is starting to bother me.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I notice that we are suspiciously standing in front of a shop selling Non-Equipment clothes.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Maybe I didn't bribe him enough...

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
We're not going into that stop!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
It's just for a quick look!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Non-Equipment clothes don't provide any Stats in a fight! You don't need any!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That was so wrong of you to suggest that I don't! In case you didn't notice, I don't have any Equipment for my lower body since The Rules limits the number of Equipment I can use! The Rules don't restrict Non-Equipment clothes so I need them for decency's sake!

Little Town Girl
Mummy, that lady is arguing with her husband again!

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Those Leather Pants you have are just fine, aren't they?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I want to build a collection so I'll always have something to match whatever Equipment I have on!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
But they don't do anything for you in a fight!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
They make me look elegant!

Little Town Girl
Mummy, will you teach me how to argue with my husband?

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I don't get what you have against a girl looking good!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I... I don't! I'm just... against you using party funds for something that's useless in a fight! You should be using your own personal funds for that! Come to think of it, how much do you have in your personal funds? Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman always gives us our share of the loot so you should have some gold of your own.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Er... I'm hungry! Let's meet the others for dinner!

Little Town Girl
Mummy, that lady is running away! Does that mean she lost the argument?

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
It's a good thing that I got away from Typical Bespectacled Mage. Now, to go meet the others for dinner, like I said... where Typical Bespectacled Mage will also be...

... We just had dinner, didn't we...?

... Typical Bespectacled Mage must think me a glutton... or senile...

... I need more practice making excuses.

***


Part 4: The Quest Reward
Part 6: The Minced Oath

Adventures of Heroes Who Talk Too Much

No comments:

Post a Comment