Friday, August 16, 2013

Swords & Potions 2: The Third Week

I'm in the middle of the third week of playing Swords & Potions 2. I'm still interested in the game but I have my addiction totally under control. Sort of. The need to craft items for the city's building upgrades kind of makes me want to keep playing to make more.

Lots of gold rolling into my purse also helps keep me coming back to the game.

The annoying bug is still there. I think. I am taking steps to reduce Firefox's demand on memory so the display bug does not show up. I wish I could read manga while waiting for resources to gather. That would keep me playing for longer. Maybe I should try loading the manga on another web browser, but I worry that that option would suck up computer resources.

Enough text. On to one of the fun parts of Swords & Potions 2:
When a customer comes in to sell something expensive.
I like it when a customer comes in and offers to sell something expensive for half-price. I can sell it later at full price for huge profit. That's why I set aside a good amount of gold. It used to be 6k. Now, I keep 20k handy.

Something I find a little troublesome:
I have to craft another 127 Bone shields!?
Latter recipes require lots of crafting to unlock. However, if it were easy to unlock recipes, I think the game will become boring quick. There is some satisfaction in steadily working towards a goal. After a lot of work, the reward at the end feels more fulfilling.

A few days ago, I reached level 40 and unlocked the third worker slot:
Level 40, reached! Third worker slot, unlocked!
I rushed to the inn to assign an extra worker and found:
There is a fourth worker slot!?
Even with three workers, I still find it hard to keep up with demand.
Customer looking for a Ranseur.
That is because I'm manufacturing items for city upgrades (as mentioned).
Ranseurs needed to upgrade Traders.
I had to turn away customers looking for Ranseurs since I needed those to upgrade the Traders. I feel bad for customers who won't accept my alternate suggestion. I don't think I can please everyone.

This happens once in a while:
Customer selling Twin flute.
A customer comes in to sell something at half price.
Same customer buying back the Twin flute.
Then later, that same customer comes back and buys, at full price, the same thing she (it's usually a she) sold. Amusing. But I like the profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment