Friday, August 10, 2012

Onward to Greater Challenges, Part 4: The Aftermath

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I must admit that the battle could have gone better.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Yes, it could, seeing how Taciturn Female Healer is the only one left with positive Hit Points.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Let's start with the three of you charging at a sizable higher-level opponent without me.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Ah, but Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace, I had been certain that the three of us would be sufficient for the battle with Tougher Lesser Giant as we have Taciturn Female Healer on our side!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
What makes you so confident in her abilities anyway?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Unlike you, me or Typical Bespectacled Mage, who are fresh into the world of adventure, Taciturn Female Healer has walked the road of battle before! Taciturn Female Healer had achieved level 100 as a Healer before she Reclassified herself as the Barbarian she is at present.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Wait a minute, we HAD a Healer!?

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Explain to me something...

Taciturn Female Healer
If I can.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
You were a Healer.

Taciturn Female Healer
Yes.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
But you can't cast any Healing now.

Taciturn Female Healer
Yes.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Didn't you invest any Skill Points into Healing!?

Taciturn Female Healer
Oh, no. I invested my Skill Points into Stat Growth for Hit Points, Dexterity and Toughness. The two Regeneration Skills also took a chunk. Those were the skills I need to stay longer in a battle!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
So basically you've invested in healing for yourself!

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Explain to me something...

Typical Bespectacled Mage
If I may.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
After Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman hit zero Hit Points, why did you charge up next to Tougher Lesser Giant?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
It seemed like a good idea at that time. I was out of Mana Points. All I could do was hit him with my Cedar Walking Staff. So I thought I might as well score myself some Experience Points seeing that he was of higher level. Besides, Taciturn Female Healer was the greater threat and I'm hardly doing any damage.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
And that's when he backhanded you to zero Hit Points.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Tougher Lesser Giant had no reason too! He should be concentrating on the greater threat!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Do you seriously expect everyone to think as rationally as you?

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Taciturn Female Healer, do you want me to hold your purse? Since I'm Out, no one can challenge me for my gold.

Taciturn Female Healer
That's nice of you to offer, but no thanks.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Don't you trust me?

Taciturn Female Healer
It's not that. I need my gold with me to maintain my Booty. People may not want to fight me if I've no Booty reward on me.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Wait, you still wish another fight!?

Taciturn Female Healer
Hey, look! Unlucky Common Bear! Battle!

***

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Let's just get to That Other Town and get Resurrected.

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Sad am I to say that our journey shall have to be delayed. For being burdened by Out, we may only advance to the nearest settlement.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Uh, you're joking! You mean we can only go to Some Backwater Crossroad while we're Out!?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Unfortunately, that's true. Unless Taciturn Female Healer were to take us the rest of the way to That Other Town, we may only travel to the nearest settlement. However, she's busy playing.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
This sucks.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Just be grateful. In the old days, before The Rules were changed, a party of Out characters may only await rescue. They couldn't even put up a tent if it rained!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Okay, let's get to Some Backwater Crossroad and get Resurrected.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
By the way, can you afford your Resurrect? You paid all your gold to Goblin Warlord earlier and your Booty from that one fight today isn't enough.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
Damn it!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment