Friday, August 10, 2012

Onward to Greater Challenges, Part 5: The Stopover

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Today, let me explain what Reclassification is.

Reclassification is when a character chooses to start over in a new class, either a different one or one that is better than the one he was in. For example, my Class is known as Mage. However, I am not stuck as a Mage forever. I can, after some time of adventuring, choose to Reclassify myself as a new, different Class. Maybe a Healer.

When I Reclassify myself, I become a Level 1 Healer. However, I keep any Skills from my previous Mage class that I have invested Skill Points into. Thus, I can be a Healer who is able to cast damage-dealing spells in addition to being able to Heal.

With Reclassification, I can grow stronger by adding more and more Skills. In addition, there are greater Classes out there. The Mage is only a Basic Class. After that, there are Advanced, Prestige, Epic and Legendary Classes. When I meet the requirements, I can Reclassify myself in a better class and gain the benefits of better Stats and Skills.

Now does anyone have any questions?

Obnoxious Kid
Why are you wearing that dorky-looking Cardboard with Crossed-Eyed Smiley?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Oh, uh, that's because I'm Out.

Obnoxious Kid
Out?

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I've Zero Hit Points, okay?

***

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Shackled by the status of Out with no Hit Points, there is no feat that I may perform. And thus do I, Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman, and my fellow companions, Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace and Typical Bespectacled Mage, rest within these walls of Reasonably Comfortable Inn at Some Backwater Crossroad, still a ways from our destination of That Other Town.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Explain to me something...

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
Yes, Typical Bespectacled Mage!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Taciturn Female Healer is more experienced than the rest of us. Why recruit her?

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I had hoped that with Taciturn Female Healer on our side, we might challenge greater foes and attempt greater Quests and as such reap greater rewards in gold and experience!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I'd like to point out one little problem with that plan...

Typical Bespectacled Mage
The one where Taciturn Female Healer is out there beating greater foes while we're stuck here with zero Hit Points?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That's the one.

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
If I may make a suggestion concerning our future battle tactics...

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
I shall always have an ear for words of wisdom!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Let Taciturn Female Healer be the tank. She's got more Hit Points and Toughness than you do, and she has Regeneration!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
But the leader should always be at the vanguard to meet the foe! He must lead at the front to inspire his party with his bravery! He must show his defiance at the forces of the opposing side!

Typical Bespectacled Mage
I'd like to point out that you won't be doing much inspiring or defying if you're Out.

***

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Okay, so we've ourselves a new party tactic. We pick a fight against a party with a high-level opponent and a few lower-level ones.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
We'll set Taciturn Female Healer loose on the high-level one on the other side.

Typical Bespectacled Mage
Right. Meanwhile, the rest of us mop up the lower-level combatants. Once we're done, we'll take potshots on that high-level opponent for extra Experience.

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
And collect the increased loot at the end of it all!

Cliched Spikey-Haired Swordsman
It is with reluctance that I accept these changes to the way we battle!

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
I'd like to point out one little problem with our plan...

Typical Bespectacled Mage
The one where Taciturn Female Healer is out there gaining Experience and looting gold while we're stuck here with zero Hit Points?

Gorgeous Lady Archer of Epic Grace
That's the one.

Loud Passing Youth
Taciturn Female Healer just defeated Unfortunate Forest Giant!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment