Thursday, May 19, 2011

Handful of Sand is in Beta

The next Fernham High story is going to be Handful of Sand, which has just entered Beta.

Yeah, I do my writing the same way I write programs. Computers can be very strict with grammar. Anyway, Beta means that the story is basically complete. I just need to run tests to make sure that there are no bugs and that all the features are working fine. Translated to writing, that means looking for grammar mistakes and making sure that the text has the intended effect.

Handful of Sand is 35% longer than Gloriously Messed-up, which is partly why it took so long to write. The other reason, you can guess easily. I hope to start publishing by the end of next month (June) but who knows what will happen. I could get super-productive and start early.

Or a good game may come along to distract me.

The following is the current version of the story's summary:
After a visit to a fortune teller, Sandy Gould believed that she would be rich one day. But she did not know how or when. While attending high school, she would attempt to make her fortune come true. Some of what she attempted, if not all of them, are not recommended that anyone at home try.
Update 27 June 2011:
Reviewing the story is taking longer than I expected. At this rate, I'd be lucky to start publishing Handful of Sand by the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment