Saturday, June 4, 2011

Facebook Friend Application

This article on Facebook scams (especially item number 2) has highlighted some issues about Facebook security. With complete strangers applying to be friends, sometimes without an introduction, it is a concern who we are befriending. Thus I came up with the following form you can pass to the stranger to help get to know the applicant better.


Title: Application to be Facebook Friend of __________.


1. What is your reason for applying to be my friend? (Check all that applies)
(_) To play online games together
(_) To catch up on friendship
(_) To chat
(_) To steal identity information
(_) To access your friends list
(_) To scam
(_) To dominate the world
(_) Others (Specify __________)

2. What are you? (Check all that applies)
(_) A human
(_) A male
(_) A hot male
(_) A female
(_) A gorgeous chick
(_) A bot
(_) Sweet Bunny v2.00 Virtual Interaction Program or one of her descendants

3. How did you find my Facebook account? (Check all that applies)
(_) Through one or more Friend lists
(_) Through your e-mail address
(_) Through Facebook messages and/or participation in Facebook applications
(_) Through your blog
(_) Through real life interaction with you or your friend(s)
(_) Through your profile picture
(_) Through the private investigator I hired
(_) By completing a quest
(_) Through random clicks

4. How active are you on Facebook? (Check the closest applicable)
(_) I check my account once a week or more
(_) I check, message and chat once a day
(_) I use my account several times a day
(_) I play games on Facebook 4+ hours a day
(_) I am online 24 hours a day, 6 days a week
(_) I am a bot and am always online

5. How many Facebook accounts do you personally own?
(_) I have one
(_) I have one for personal use and one or more for work
(_) I need only one (ominous pause)
(_) I am actually filling this form on behalf of another person
(_) I am a bot and therefore do not own an account

6. What do you think of Facebook? (Check all that applies)
(_) A great way to catch up with old friends
(_) A great way to keep in touch
(_) A great way to make money
(_) A passing fad
(_) A money-making scam that I wished I had thought of and made first
(_) A great way to scam people
(_) I am a bot and Facebook is the only reason I exist

7. Do I have a Facebook account?
(_) Yes
(_) No
(_) I am filling this form, aren't I?

8. What am I? (Check all that applies)
(_) A human
(_) A male
(_) A hot male
(_) A female
(_) A gorgeous chick
(_) A bot
(_) Sweet Bunny v2.00 Virtual Interaction Program or one of her descendants

9. Who am I?
You are __________.

***



Note: Beware if the applicant fails on question number zero, i.e. the Title.

No comments:

Post a Comment