Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Handful of Sand Interlude 3

[Ariel] Hello, this is Ariel with Sandy here in the Narration Room and it's time for another break. Notice I'm using an identifier there in front of my words so you know who's typing what.

[Sandy] Yes, hi, I'm here too.

[Ariel] So, what shall we talk about?

[Sandy] Well, if I'm Sandy from the story, I'd definitely look for a way to put in a good mention of the 'Air Blimp'.

[Ariel] Ha, ha! That's always a good laugh. It's funny to see Ariel's reaction each time. It's all I could do to keep from laughing while I was acting out Ariel's reaction.

[Sandy] Yeah, that's always a good laugh. The scriptwriters will have their work cut out for them to come up with new and funny reactions from Ariel.

[Ariel] Oh yeah. Glad I'm not a scriptwriter. I mean, how many different reactions can Ariel have anyway?

[Sandy] So true.

...

[Sandy] Air Blimp.

[Ariel] Hahahaha!

[Sandy] ... Was that real laughter?

[Ariel] Haha, it is. I've been acting out Ariel's reactions. Every time I hear 'Air Blimp', and I act out Ariel's reaction, and it's so funny, her reaction that is. Here while we're off the camera, I don't have to act as Ariel and I don't have to contain myself. I can laugh all I want.

[Sandy] That's right.

[Ariel] Hey, uh, you know Sandy's reaction to money?

[Sandy] Oh yeah, shuts off all sorts of things in her head.

[Ariel] Ever wonder what if it was used for the greater good?

[Sandy] What do you mean?

[Ariel] Like, what if... she gets paid according to her semester exam results?

[Sandy] Oh, that. Straight As, I tell you.

[Ariel] Really?

[Sandy] Yeah, depending on the amount of money she's offered, she'll do anything to earn it. Even studying.

[Ariel] But straight As? She's not really that smart, is she?

[Sandy] No, she isn't. If enough money is offered, she'd go to all lengths to earn it. She'd even cheat.

[Ariel] Oh dear.

[Sandy] And if the offer is high enough, and prodded the wrong way, she may even consider threats and violence.

[Ariel] That's awful!

[Sandy] True. I think that's what Selina was trying to warn her about.

[Ariel] Hmm, I see.

[Sandy] Sandy isn't really a bad person. It's just that her love of money drives her to such extremes.

[Ariel] Yeah, like dancing naked.

[Sandy] Yes, that too.

[Ariel] Which was what you did.

[Sandy] Excuse me?

[Ariel] It's true. You're paid to act as Sandy. And as Sandy, you danced naked. So essentially, you danced naked for money.

[Sandy] It's... it's different!

[Ariel] Oh? How's it different?

[Sandy] It's... it's for literature!

[Ariel] Sure, sure. Call it what you like.

[Sandy] But Ariel, it's my job, it's what I'm hired to do, it's... it's...

[Ariel] Yeah, yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night. Oh, look at the time. I've to rehearse the script for the next chapter. See you later on stage. Bye~!

[Sandy] Ariel, I'm not Sandy!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment